TERMS AND CONDITIONS1. Definitions:
In these terms:
- "Contract" means this contract between the Supplier and the Customer;
- "Customer" means the person, firm, company, entity or organization who receives the Suppliers Goods;
- "Goods" means those goods which the Supplier is to sell to the Customer in accordance with these terms;
- "Partners" refers to those natural persons, firms, companies, entities, organizations, etc. who have contract(s) with the Supplier and may or may not have a share in the profits of the Supplier;
- "Third Party"" means any natural person, firm, company, entity, organization, etc. who is not a partner in the firm including any nominee of the Customer;
- "Supplier" means Elan Guides Limited;
- "Terms" means these standard conditions of sale.
2. Copyrights & Limited Copying Permission:The contents of these terms and conditions are protected by the law of copyright.
The Supplier is the owner of the copyright in all the Goods sold by the Supplier to the Customer and that by purchase of such Goods the Customer agrees that it has purchased the same for its own personal use and benefit only or of any nominee so specified by the Customer at the time of purchase. Selling or copying of part or all of the contents in any form without express permission of the Supplier is strictly prohibited.No part of Goods may be reproduced in any form without written permission of the Supplier or as permitted by law. Please be advised that the Suppliers personnel regularly monitor various commercial on-line auction websites in order to prevent unauthorized sale of the Suppliers materials.
The Supplier reserves all rights in the event of violation of its policy, which may include discontinuation of the auction itself, suspension of the Customers privileges as a buyer, and enforcement of the Suppliers rights under law and equity. Downloading of lecture videos and shared use of Suppliers materials is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized reproduction of the Suppliers materials may result in both, a civil claim for damages and criminal prosecution.Be advised that creating, purchasing, or using photocopied or pirated study materials violates CFA Institutes Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct.
Access to all online materials expires on exam day.
Furthermore, Rates, Prices, discounts, delivery charges, etc. are subject to change without prior notice.Prices may vary from country to country as it depends upon location.
4. Refund/Cancellation/Return Policy:Purchases of the Suppliers materials, such as product packages, download e-Books, electronic and online products/services and extended online access are final and non-refundable.
The Supplier reserves the right to correct any erroneous charges that may have inadvertently been charged to the Customer.The Suppliers liability to the Customer for negligence, breach of contract and/or statutory duty is limited to the cost of replacing the Goods ordered. It is not intended that any contract between the Supplier and the Customer for the supply of Goods should be enforceable by any third party.
5. Warranties and LiabilityThe Supplier warrants that:
- The Supplier is the owner and has the right to sell or license the Goods to the Customer;
- The Supplier shall ensure that the Goods correspond with their description on the Website, in catalogues, advertisements and other documents issued by the Supplier, unless the Customer is otherwise advised by the Supplier;
- The Supplier shall be liable under the warranties if the total price has been paid in accordance with the terms of sale;
- The Supplier shall not be liable to the Customer by reason of any implied warranty, condition or other term or any duty at common law or breach of statutory duty or under the express terms of the Contract or by reason of any representation, which the Customer acknowledges it has not relied on, whether caused by the negligence of the Supplier, its employees or agents or otherwise, which arise out of or in connection with the supply of the Goods (including any delay or failure to supply the Goods according to the Contract or at all)
- The entire liability of the Supplier in connection with the Contract shall not exceed the total price, except where otherwise expressly provided;
6. ShippingDifferent carriers will be used to deliver products around the world, and shipping rates to various destinations will vary. The time period for shipping that is indicated when you check out is our best estimate of how long it will take orders to reach customers. Elan Guides accepts no liability for delays and/or damages during shipment.
- Except as otherwise provided, all notices must be given in writing to the Supplier at address given at its website and to the Customer at its last known address.
- Should any term (or part of a term) be held to be void, invalid, unenforceable or illegal by a court, the validity and enforceability of the other terms or remainder of the term in question will not be affected thereby.
The Supplier shall not be responsible for any delay or failure to fulfill any of its obligations under the Contract nor be liable for any loss or damage suffered or incurred by the Customer by any of act of God, war, government or parliamentary restriction, import or export regulation, strike, lockout, trade dispute, fire, theft, flooding, breakdown of plant or premises, late or non-delivery of any supplies or any other cause whatsoever beyond the control of the Supplier.The Contract shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware, in the United States of America and the courts of the said territory shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising from the said Contract in relation to those Goods.